Why have a Website?
So you have been thinking about a website for your business, charity or organisation, but are not yet sure if you need one or not. This article covers the top 5 reasons we think it is important for all businesses, irrespective of size, to have a website.
1) Open 24/7, 365 days a year A website allows you to provide your products and services to customers around the clock. There is no waiting for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. any more. A website allows your potential customers to checkup information about your company, request details or to place orders for your products and services at any time of the day or night. This is particularly important, if your customers are across different time zones. You can engage with your potential customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year!
2) Global Audience A website increases your reach beyond local, regional and even national barriers to a more global audience. Potential customers can find you online from anywhere in the world. This in turn can help take your business to an international playground. Why restrict yourself to a local audience, when you can potentially reach the world!
3) Promote and Sell your Products and Services Through your website, you can directly sell to customers in a more cost-effective way, whilst keeping staff levels minimal. In fact, there are a lot of companies that have opted to have just an online e-commerce website without the traditional bricks and mortar option, selling directly to their customers.In addition, you can easily include special offers and promotions on your products and services on your website to drive further sales. Brochures, videos and articles can be included on your website and downloaded easily and efficiently without incurring additional printing and postage costs to you.
4) Get Feedback A website provides the easiest and cheapest way to gather feedback from your customers. Use online registrations forms or survey tools on your website to target potential customers. Ask your customers directly for feedback about what you are doing right and use their testimonials online to instill better confidence in your company. Market Research is so much easier with a website.
5) Provide Better Customer Service and Support With a website, you can provide round the clock customer support services to your existing and new clients. A website lets you provide a means for your customers to get in touch with you with any questions or issues they are having and to check up on progress of their requests at any time without having to wait to speak to your various teams. You can easily provide Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pages or Knowledge Bases to provide answers to your customers.
If you are considering having a website for your business or are looking to update an existing one, please do get in touch with us to see how we can help. We have special prices for startup companies, charities and non-profits.