What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is one of the key forms of direct marketing, that uses electronic mail (e-mail) as a means of communicating your message your client base. In a broad sense, every email sent could be considered, and be designed to be email marketing. However, Email Marketing usually refers to:
- Sending emails to enhance the relationship of your organisation with you current or previous customers.
- Sending emails with the purpose of acquiring new customers
- Sending emails to encourage current customers to purchase something immediately.
Email marketing has several key advantages over traditional mail marketing, including the following:
- A complete tracking of the email being sent, read, and actions from the email can be proven when done properly
- Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers with very little cost
- Over half of all Internet users check or send email on a typical day.
- Email allows you to reach out to consumers with personalized & relevant messages.
- Transactional emails allow you to automatically respond to an action of the user, for example a purchase or shop-cart abandonment.
However, one disadvantages of email marketing could be the rejection/spam rate of the emails by the customers email program, negatively affecting the delivery rate of the emails.
So this leads onto questions as to why and how you should go about email marketing? More to follow on that subject!